This is where I share my thoughts of polish, pets, life in general. Click on any of the tabs below to find out more about the Pointless Cafe Blog.

FB Plugin

Tracking

Friday, November 25, 2011

Essie Starry Starry Night - Franken/Dupe

No, I STILL haven't managed to get my paws on Essie Starry Starry Night. And I can't even catch it on eBay for what I am sure would be exorbitant prices.

So I set about trying to get a close enough dupe to satisfy me. Will it satisfy everyone? Probably not. But I'm happy with it.

I started out with about 2/3rds of a bottle of Orchid Royal Engagement. Then I added 5 drops of each of the following:

*Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Black Heart
*Orchid Starry Night
*OPI DS Magic
*China Glaze Dorothy Who?

Then I added some Sterling Silver micro glitter (SuperNail brand from Sally Beauty Supply NOT the holo one) - about the size of 2 grains of rice.

This was the result, which I still wasn't completely happy with...


Used Essie Matte About You on accent nail

So...I layered over a coat of the top coat I had made last month using Seche Vite and the same Sterling Silver micro glitter and VOILA!





No, it's probably not an exact dupe, but I don't have the Essie one to compare and I'm actually totally happy with it! It's completely smooth - no "glitter feel" at all.

What do you think?

Those of you who have Essie Starry Starry Night, is it close at all?

2 comments :

  1. This is soooo pretty! Would love to eventually get my hands on SSN or even Chanel Ciel de Nuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! You've inspired me to start fraken my own colors. I don't have SSN either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you...Please do not post links in your comments as they will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please contact me via email. THANKS!