This is where I share my thoughts of polish, pets, life in general. Click on any of the tabs below to find out more about the Pointless Cafe Blog.

FB Plugin

Tracking

Saturday, March 31, 2012

World Autism Awareness Day Monday, April 2, 2012 - LET'S WEAR BLUE POLISH!!



For more information on autism and Light it up Blue, 
please visit Autism Speaks.


We ladies (and gentlemen!) in the nail polish "community" are a pretty close group of people (usually) and while polishing our nails blue for World Autism Awareness Day might not "do" anything, it certainly might help to raise awareness. At least we can show our support. There are a LOT of us so let's do it!

Someone on FB had the great idea to do puzzle pieces too and I'm going to try it!!!  Please show me your blue nails by posting a photo on my Facebook Page and if you have a blog, link it, Bay-Bee!

_______________________________________________________________


From Autism Speaks: "Autism statistics from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identify around 1 in 88 American children as on the autism spectrum–a ten-fold increase in prevalence in 40 years. Careful research shows that this increase is only partly explained by improved diagnosis and awareness. Studies also show that autism is three to four times more common among boys than girls. An estimated 1 out of 54 boys and 1 in 252 girls are diagnosed with autism in the United States."



2 comments :

  1. I'm going to do a post on this as well, it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what timing - I JUST painted my nails in Revlon Royall! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you...Please do not post links in your comments as they will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please contact me via email. THANKS!