This is where I share my thoughts of polish, pets, life in general. Click on any of the tabs below to find out more about the Pointless Cafe Blog.

FB Plugin

Tracking

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dandy Nails Colorblind - Swatches and Review

Today I have Dandy Nails Colorblind to show you! I recently received my order and showed you Inside the Fire here.

Dandy Nails Colorblind


Dandy Nails Colorblind is right up my alley, glitter-wise, because I LOVE monotones, black and white together and just generally more "reserved" looks. This one just fits the bill - blingy, understated and interesting all at the same time! Colorblind is made up of black and white medium hex glitter pieces in a clear base. It is PACKED with glitters and goes on smoothly without a ton of tedious manipulation, which I just don't have the patience to do. Bonus points!

I wore it over Kiko Grigio Granite first and loved it. And then I decided I really needed to see what it looked like over red. And orange. And yellow. And green. Well, you get the idea. So later I'll show you photos over several different colors.


Dandy Nails Colorblind

Dandy Nails Colorblind

Dandy Nails Colorblind

Dandy Nails Colorblind

I got a ton of compliments on this mani! The photos above show it without any top coat, but I added a coat of Poshe and that's all it needed to be smooth. Not a hungry glitter at all - the base itself is self-leveling and lets the glitter pieces settle in nicely.

And now here's what it looks like over various colors.

Dandy Nails Colorblind

Dandy Nails Colorblind


The polishes I layered Colorblind over on my left hand are (top to bottom): Zoya Mira, Zoya Shelby, Zoya Reagan and Zoya Tracie



Dandy Nails Colorblind

Dandy Nails Colorblind

The polishes I layered Colorblind over on my right hand are (left to right): SpaRitual I Am the Light, Zoya Sooki, IsaDora Brisk Yellow, Zoya Caitlin and Zoya Jancyn.

I initially did all the colors just to SEE, but it was so cute and "Easter-looking" that I wore it out like that and got LOADS of compliments!



You can order this from Dandy Nails' shop on Etsy and be sure to like her Facebook page so you can be alerted when she re-stocks her store!

What do you think? Do you wear glitter polishes? Are you into Indie polish-makers?




If you enjoyed this post, please take a second to "like" it! Thanks!
.

7 comments :

  1. I like the versatile-ness of Colorblind over the other colors! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are endless combos to try! really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! It would look good over absolutely any colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern! And I also love how you paired the white + black glitter on a gray nail paint. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cohesive way to do skittles. Must try ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black and white glitters are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you...Please do not post links in your comments as they will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please contact me via email. THANKS!